Monday, November 18, 2013

Test & Lab Report

To study for my Unit 3 Test, I re-watched all of Mr. Quick's videos, watched some other videos on youtube, and went to Mr. Quick's Sunday review session. When I took the test, I felt pretty confident about my written response, but not to confident about the first ten or so multiple choice questions. I think that I should have spent more time practicing writing DNA sequences, and the replicated or mRNA sequences that came with it. I think that I knew how to do it, I just could not get my brain to work at the time. When taking the test, I was still a little stumped on the 5' to 3' and the 3' to 5'. However, after looking at my mistakes I believe that I understand it clearly now. I also should have practiced finding the amino acids that went with the mRNA codons.


As for the lab report, this one did not take nearly as much time as the last one, but it was still pretty time consuming. I think that the reason that it still took a long time for me was that I was still a bit confused on what my results showed. Our purpose of the experiment became a lot more clear once we talked about operons, but is was still a bit confusing. After reading an explanation, it was all cleared up for me, and I was able to write my report. I think that I wrote too much, but that is because I had to cover a lot more topics than just operons. below is the link to my lab report.

https://sites.google.com/site/blakeshonorsbiologysite/hb-standards/3-dna-structure-and-function/--pglo-lab-report

No comments:

Post a Comment